Can I use ???

Aug 3, 2016 at 1:58 PM
Hi Guys,
      Looks like this library is also available in Nuget packages as well, and there are more than 1k download. But to its downside there is on much documentation, there are no discussion regarding the PRO's and CON's of this packages, and no updates to the library since 2011. I'm curious to know how reliable is this for implementing in a Real-Time application also if someone can explain me how it works.
Coordinator
Aug 10, 2016 at 1:37 AM
You can use.

This is only very thin wrapper for the API that provided by Windows OS system.

This library dose not do the virus scanning directly. This library only kick any virus scanner application which installed the OS.
no updates to the library since 2011.
Because there are no need to update :)
Aug 10, 2016 at 5:44 AM
Hi jsakamoto,
     Thanks for your response. For the recent POC i was working on, I have tried to integrate with my web application to scan uploaded files. What I did was I place the file in a specified folder and pass the file path to "ScanAndClean" method. The virus signature I used to test is " X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H* " (ref: http://www.eicar.org/86-0-Intended-use.html) . But sadly it didn't recognize the file to be a threat file. Is there something that I was missing?